Red Beet and Pasta Salad
One day i decided to eat lunch at Starbucks located at the ground floor of our building. I had hand crafted coffee and Arugula Pasta Salad. The salad was good and fresh however the serving is small, of course it cost Php116 pesos only thus the serving size.
I was inspired to create my own pasta salad at home, so yesterday I went to the supermarket for the ingredients. unfortunately Robinsons Supermarket doesn’t have Arugula! I was heartbroken! Why wouldn’t I, Arugula is one of my fave salad staple. My brain was processing fast, i need to come up with a replacement else create an entirely new recipe.
So, without consulting my best friend Mr. Google, I came up with new salad recipe. I call it Red Beet and Pasta Salad. Obviously these are the main ingredients. If you are interested to try my creation, below is the recipe:
You will need the following:
- Fusilli Pasta
- Red Beet
For dressing mix:
- Cream cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
How to prepare:
1. Cook Fusilli as indicated on the packaging. Chill
2. Prepare the vegetables.
3. Boil Red Beet and Carrots. Make sure you don’t over cook it, slice into small square pieces. Chill
4. Slice Cucumber into small square pieces, slice Lettuce and chill as well
5. Add dressing only if you will serve the salad. To prepare dressing, mix Pesto, Mayonaise and Cream Cheese. Sorry guys I do not use measuring cup, so you will have to mix small portion one at a time using a spoon until you achieve the desired consistency. Toss the salad after adding the dressing.
6. You may add chopped Onions and or Parsley for a hint of spice and herb. Some salt if you want.
Now your Reed Beet and Pasta salad is ready. I love the freshness of Cucumber and the sweet flavour of Red Beet and Carrot. If your adventurous with food why not give it a try. Cheers and happy Monday. Oh by the way I brought my salad in the office and my colleagues love it😊